Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 May 2012

MEET IB CITY RADIO QUEEN DIVA RONNIE G

Who is Ronke Giwa and who is Ronnie G?
Ronke Giwa is Ronnie G and I am a radio presenter at splashfm105.5 here in Ibadan, I am on the morning show from seven to eleven in the morning, I won’t say how old I am because a lady never tells, I studied English at the Lagos state university, and studied music at the London centre of contemporary music because I love music, and I am also a musician as well as a broadcaster. I am a Christian.
Where are you from and your favourite food?
I am from Lagos Island, Isale Eko. I will say fried rice plantain and turkey. I will never eat rice without plantain.

What will you never put on?
Comfort is very important to me, I wear what suits me and my favourite colour is green but when it comes to clothes I love black. If I was going paint my bedroom it will be green. I don’t expose thighs and stuff
How long have u been into music?
That has been on longer than my broadcasting career.  Started a group with my sisters and neighbours when I was about seven called the golden girls club and we used to sing at events. I was in the choir at thirteen. After schooling in the UK and coming back to Nigeria broadcasting just kinda chanced music. My sister Moji is a lawyer and my neighbours Bunmi and Seun are into something different, am kinda like the only one who is still into music.
Which Nigerian act will you like to work with?

Tu face or Tiwa Savage
How challenging is transforming from music to broadcasting?
You can’t be shy and go into both fields. I have a singing voice which works on radio, people always want to keep you down and keep you in a box, they call you a local champion I don’t let it bother me, just keep trying to perfect my skills. I don’t let it bother me.
How supportive is your family?
Very supportive. They are even in more support of my music.
Is there a man in your life?
Wouldn’t you wanna know? I am not married but that doesn’t mean I am searching. I am free for any responsible and Godly man who is goal oriented.
 Words of advice for the youths out there
Always be yourself and follow your dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment