Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 May 2012

MEET DJ NANA

In a world dominated by men, more female dj's are getting involved in the art. Under the wings of the great Dj Jimmy Jatt she perfects her craft. Sexy, energetic and full of life. Meet Nana.

Interviewed by Muyiwa Oni.


Tell us about yourself

I am from Kogi State, had my primary school education in Abuja, and i attended Saint Joseph Secondary School Mangoro Agege in Lagos State. I am currently a law student at the national Open University of Nigeria(lagos).


How did u become a dj?

Cos of my love for music, I call  myself a musicholic, thats my addiction and i love dance.Ii went for a street carnival and  saw a dj playing and said to myself that i can do it. Started telling people i wanted to learn and i got introduced to dj faze,
dj xkris, dj phurzy until i had a audition with dj jimmy jatt who happens to be my mentor, he liked how i played and took me into his company, it is a dream come true.

Whats your best meal?

Pounded yam and egusi soup

In any relationship?

Yes


Major obstacles or challenges?

It was transforming from a tomboy to diva. it took a lot of work cos it was like changing everything about me, i did it and i love my looks now.

Mention a few events you played at

Been to a lot of shows but the biggest ones are the MTN show with Brandy and Joe in 2011, AY live 2011 and 2012.

Religion?

I am a muslim

Where will you wanna be in 5 years time?

I wont speak about that cos i like to take the world by surprise and let God lead. I send all my dreams to him and
he edits them and takes me by the hand to achieving them, so i will just say you should keep your fingers crossed.

Favourite place to hang out

Clubs, movies and i love to be alone in my room cos i love meditating. i get inspired by God, music and laughter, i get bored easily so making people laugh helps me laugh. its weird but thats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment